Monday, February 04, 2008

Ah, memories


Remember how when you were a kid, all the cool kids have their own skates? All white and pristine, they could twirl and skate backwards. they could skate much faster than you could on your rental skates. But your own skates were out of the question because you didn't really go to the rink that often.

Well now I DO go to the rink that often. And I'm a grown up so I can buy myself the GOOD skates. Not the best. But good enough. For me. Even though I'm supposed to be saving for a down payment. But I paid CASH damnit, and I work hard. And I have a lot of frustrations to take to the rink.

And why am I explaining myself to you?

I'm one of the cool kids now. Or, at least, I would be if I weren't such a geek. I already ran into the kitchen cabinets and over an oreo.

1 comment:

Chickie said...

Those are some mean looking skates! Cool!