Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My dear friend,

I have to believe and to have faith that somehow, wherever you are, you get this message. I know that you probably know these things already, but I have to get them out.

I want you to know that you made a difference in my life. That your smile was infectious and I always looked forward to our interactions. It really meant a lot to me how your face would light up when you saw me and how you always greeted me with enthusiasm.

I want you to know that I've been thinking of you a lot lately and I kept meaning to drop you an email just to say hi. Because I like you. You were my friend. I always hoped we would have time to get together for tea. Every time I spoke with you, I learned a little more about you, and what an amazing person you are. Were. You did so many little things to try and make all our lives just a little bit sunnier. Thank you for that. thank you, for being you.

I will never have the chance to tell you these things. I wish I could. Everyone should know that they made a difference. That they brought beauty and joy into the lives of others. I should have taken the opportunity every moment that I thought of you.

I will add that to my very short list of regrets.

I'm not sure why you had to go. Perhaps when I learn how I can make some sense of it. Humans. We always have to know how.

The world is a little dimmer without you in it. I'm a little less whole. I miss you already.

Gina Baby

No comments: