Tuesday, April 15, 2014

I didn't realize it had been so long - Clot Update first

I finished out my meds in late January. I stopped taking them a week early because I forgot to pick them up at the pharmacy and my insurance changed. There was no way I was paying 100 bucks for a week of meds.

I was supposed to have an appointment with my primary Dr for follow up in March, but the month got away from me. The hope is that it really was the pills that caused the DVT and that I can go on with my life.

It's been 5 months since i stopped taking birth control pills, and I still go to bed every night thinking that I might have forgotten something. I know what it is, but it's a bit disconcerting that I still think I should have taken my "vitamin".

I still have pain sometimes of the sort that feels like it felt when I had the clots. And that scares me. A lot. It could be overuse or a turned ankle I forgot about. The left one did get sprained in February, so its not like it isn't possible. But it is scary. Every time my Aunt mentions that I am lucky, I am thankful that  I went to the hospital that night.

A couple of days ago, I paid off the last of my bills for that little adventure. Next week I will have the blood tests I need to make sure that this isn't a forever problem. Life went a little nuts there for awhile, but it seems to be quieting down again.

thank goodness.

No comments: