Tuesday, June 16, 2009

An answer

Answers to life's questions rarely are as clear as the time I was going through a hard time and a voice said to me as I lay in bed wondering what would come next in the hell that was my job at the time, "Everything is going to be okay". Call it God, Goddess, or my own mind; it calmed me and comforted me and everything was, and is, okay.

I've looked to that source many times over the last many years and usually I found that I had the answer all along. Or that the original message still applied.  Last night was no different. Sleep was slow in arriving as I tried to calm my mind and heart and listen.

There was no voice.  Thankfully there was sleep.

The first thing I thought of when I woke up this morning was how NG dug through the trash in the fruitless search for my keys despite having an aversion to bacteria and germs with the hope that he might come out the hero of the day.

I'm pretty sure that assholes don't do that.

3 comments:

Sensei said...

Just because a guy talks to other women doesn't make him an asshole.

When the only thing a person gives is shit, then they are an asshole.

VickeyMichelle said...

Did secret crush guy find you on myspace?

Chickie said...

Nope, assholes don't do that. They tell you you're an idiot for losing your keys.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!