Thursday, August 21, 2008

Alone or with someone

I would really like to go to the fair. It's a small state fair, kinda crappy, but I love to look at the critters and the crafts. I like to look at the stuff people are selling and resist buying. I simply love the fair.

I consider it a social event, and although I tell myself I can go by myself, I know I won't spend as much time there if I am alone. I'll spend ten bucks to be there for 20 to 30 minutes, make the rounds, maybe twice (yes, it's that small) and take off. So I sent a message out to the roller girls.

Yesterday several people wanted to go. Today? I don't have quite that response. Wifey is busy with her boy and I consider that an excellent excuse. Patty has also made plans with her boy, although she said she would try to convince him to go. I think her boy is fun to tease so that would be a blast. Flash Crash is out of town.

That's all the response I got. And I am a little hurt by it. I can't help it. But I suppose this is the kind of relationship I have fostered; not close. I don't usually get close to people. A response would have been nice. Via text or email. I sent the invite out via both. This is more effort than I usually put out for company. I don't usually seek out company.

Perhaps I am more high maintenance than I thought.

Louie is busy umping tonight.

We shall see, we shall see.

No comments: