Friday, July 21, 2006

Wheeee!

or should I say Wheeeel!!!

My Derby Team captain must have decided she likes me at least a little because she presented me with a new set of wheels last night to try out. I tried not to jump up and down for joy. Have I mentioned that I don't want to put my pretty new wheels on my crappy old skates? with their slow bearings and ill fitting boots that my feet slip around in despite tying them as tight as they can go, thick socks, and inserts? They might look like Sketchers but I really bought them at Wal Mart when quads came back into style. Picture me (upon your knee, just tea for two and two for tea...) roller skating through wal mart trying them out...

I try not to tell the other Derby Dolls that. I just say that they are cheap and I don't like them and that I am saving for a new pair. I can't wait for the next bout because the roller skate dealer is usually there and I can try on different ones and see if I like how they fit. In the meantime, I'm gonna keep on savin!

No comments: